Pages

03 April 2011

02 April 2011

Today was awesome because a bunch of adults acted like kids again.

As the clock struck three...

"PILLOWFIGHT!!!!!"

A single war-cry signaled the beginning of the Battle at Bastion Square.  There were no sides, it was every human for themselves.  Pillows of various size, shape, and fill were being swung wildly in every direction.  It was a bedding blitzkrieg!

  
I was in the middle of it all, absorbing blows and launching attacks at all angles.


Out of nowhere, Jean-Luc came at me with a flying, double-overhand sledgehammer.


We separated from the group and engaged in a duel.  It was your classic "floral pattern vs. plain white" scenario.


He got some good shots in, but I emerged victorious-- and just in time!


...for Darth Vader had arrived and I knew it was up to me to defeat him and save Earth's pillow fights from the Dark Side.


"Vader!" I cried.  "You're going down!"
"Your overconfidence is your weakness," he said.
"Your faith in your pillow is yours," I answered.


Sparks flew as our cushions clashed together.   He was a worthy opponent, but in the end the Force was strong within me and peace on Earth (and in pillow fights) was restored.

Eric, Dan, Anne, Jozef, Mark, Mary, Jean-Luc

 (What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments section below.)

No comments:

Post a Comment