Pages

06 April 2011

05 April 2011

Today was awesome because I got over "the hump."

Exactly five months to the day since I started teaching myself guitar I got up on stage and played my first open mic.  Yeah-- I played an open mic!!!  Thanks to my friend Matt, who really encouraged me to get up there, and accompanied me on another guitar.  I played rhythm and sang, Matt played lead guitar.

The songs were:

Wonderwall, in the style of Ryan Adams
Road Regrets, by Dan Mangan

It wasn't perfect.  I was pretty nervous and I messed up a few words in Wonderwall, and hit the wrong chord a couple of times in Road Regrets, but by the time it was all over and I returned to my seat, I just wanted to go up and do it again!!  But better!!!  I'm learning to accept that it doesn't have to be perfect, screwing up is part of the learning process, and everyone is very supportive when you're a beginner. 

1 comment: