Pages

01 April 2011

31 March 2011

Today was awesome because I felt the freedom of being on a motorcycle.

My housemate, and friend, Darryl took me for a ride on his Kawasaki GPz today.  It's been years since I've been on a bike, and from the very first acceleration all of my fantasies of riding a small motorcycle across a foreign country returned.

As we weaved through the cherry-blossom-lined neighbourhood streets I imagined I was in Japan; riding out to the countryside, looking for the perfect sakura tree to practice Hanami under.  When we reached the coast and cruised along Dallas Road I turned my head to the sea and never looked away, so I could let myself forget that there was a modern Canadian city to my left.  My mind wandered to South America and I could almost believe we were riding up the coast of Chile, retracing the route of Ernesto Guevara and Alberto Granado.

One day, those will no longer be fantasies.  But until then, Vancouver Island is pretty awesome.



(What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments section below.  Reading it will be another awesome part of my day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment