Pages

08 March 2011

07 March 2011

Today was awesome because our landlord replaced all the windows on our house.

Two weeks ago I moved into a really lovely character home in Victoria, British Columbia.  I'm subletting for two months while one of the occupants is traveling through Thailand.  My housemates are Darryl and Lacey.  They are both friendly, positive spirits and right from day one they've made me feel like this is my home too, even though I'm only here temporarily.

Darryl is a brilliant guitarist and lately he's been branching out to other instruments and genres of music.  In the basement, Darryl has set up a little Jam Room with a drum kit, synth, electric bass, and glockenspiel.  I've added a harmonica, some shakers and bells, and a ukulele.  We both have acoustic guitars.  Paradise.

We're only a ten-minute walk from downtown and twenty minutes to the sea.  Paradise.

ANYWAY... the old windows, although charming, were only single-paned and full of long, crooked cracks (the ones in my bedroom, especially).  The new windows are double-paned and have screens, so we can actually open our windows now during the day.  In the evening, it's clearly a couple of degrees warmer inside and I'll be able to sleep with one less blanket tonight.


Here are a few photos of this awesome house!:

My minimalist bedroom.

Living space, complete with fireplace and dog.

Basement chill room.

The Jam Room.



(What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments section below.  I'd love to hear about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment