Pages

20 March 2011

19 March 2011

Today was awesome because we super-jammed!

Katherine and Keelan are partners, whom I met at an open bluegrass jam at a café (I watched, they played.)

I met Mark on the beach as we "Walk[ed] a Mile in Her Shoes" for our mutual friend Anne.  He brought along Matt.

Bill and I go WAY back to the summer of Oh-Eight, to the sudsy beaches and sandy bars of Grand Bend, Ontario.  He lives about an hour and a half north from me on the island and came down for the weekend.

This is the first time I've ever tried to play with more than one other person and most of the people in the room just met, but here we are... trying to feel out a little tune and work our way through it...



For a few hours, we banged our way through an assortment of rock, folk, blues and bluegrass.  It was just... so... bloody... AWESOME!!!

I'm sure of it now more than ever.  One day, I'm going to be in a rock 'n roll band.



(What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments section below.  I'd love to hear about it!)

1 comment:

  1. If I had my way every day would involve jamming out to a Tom Petty song with a selection of interesting people using a selection of interesting instruments. This was beautiful in so many ways.

    Nate

    ReplyDelete