Pages

17 March 2011

16 March 2011

Today was awesome because I ran into the sunset.

This evening, I went for a run.  I didn't run very much over the winter... Nelson, being built on the side of a mountain and covered in several feet of powdered snow, didn't provide very good conditions for winter running, unless you have all the right gear, or a gym membership.  I couldn't afford either, so tonight, as I inserted my earbuds and stepped off the front porch I knew it wasn't going to be the easiest run of my life.

It was a gorgeous evening.  A blue sky and a fading sun.  The air was cold and my untrained lungs were shocked and in pain.  When I reached the halfway point of my course, I circled back and started running west, towards home.  The sun was setting now and the sky was a canvas of creamy blue, accented with fiery pinks and smoky purples.  It was beautiful, it was energizing.  I ran for it as if I was trying to catch the sun before it disappeared forever.

As an added, awesome bonus I passed by this sweeeet van on my run and had to go back later in the night to take her photograph.  Check it out!




(What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments section below.  I'd love to hear about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment