Pages

23 March 2011

22 March 2011

Today was awesome because of water.

Water is pretty awesome in general.  In fact, it's probably the most awesome thing in the world.  Water is 70% of our planet's surface.  Water is 60% of us.  Water is life.

International World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources. (http://www.worldwaterday2011.org/)

In Canada we are very water rich and we often don't think about how incredibly fortunate we are to be able to walk over to a tap, give a little twist, and have beautiful, fresh, healthy water for drinking, cooking, cleaning, bathing, etc.  It's something that is easily taken for granted in the Western World.  Today, I made sure not to take the water I drank and the water I used for granted.  I appreciated and loved every drop.



(What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments sections below.  It will be one more awesome thing to add to my day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment