Pages

30 March 2011

29 March 2011

Today was awesome because something lost was found.

I don't wear any jewelery.  I've never worn much jewelery.  When I was about thirteen years old I begged my mom for a chain (chains were all the rage) and I hung a piece of steel around my neck for a while.  I have an old, gold ring that belonged to my grandfather and is inscribed with his initials JJK for Jozef John Kuracina (I am Jozef Lambert Kuracina) but my bulbous middle-knuckle makes ring wearing nearly impossible.  I detest the feel of wrist-watches and have not worn one since the Timex Ironman with Indiglo® I had (we all had) in the mid-nineties.

When my mom returned from visiting my older sister in Hong Kong she brought me a wooden-bead bracelet, carved with symbols of Tibetan Buddhism, tied with an Endless-Knot.  A Tibetan refugee, living in Hong Kong to escape the oppressive, violent Chinese government in Tibet hand-carved the bracelet.  I'm very fond of the gift, but I haven't worn it much because it's a loose bracelet and I've been afraid I might lose it.

I wore it out twice last week... and I lost it.

When I first realized it was gone, I determined that it must have come off at the beach.  I bet that when I took off my sweater it came off with the sleeve.  I was a little upset, but took comfort by believing that someone who needed a little peace or guidance in their life was walking along the beach and came across my bracelet.

However, as I was cleaning the bathroom today, peeking out from underneath the shag bath rug was the bracelet!  Awesome!





(What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments section below.  Reading it will be one more awesome part of my day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment