Pages

10 March 2011

09 March 2011

Today was awesome because I made art.

A few weeks ago I visited two friends of mine in Whistler, B.C.  I met Stephen and Craig on the train from Toronto to Vancouver back in October.  They're a couple of Brits, in Canada on Youth Mobility visas for one year.  Having lived in Elizabeth's United Queendom myself, we bonded quickly over our mutual adoration for a series from the telly called The Inbetweeners, good, cheap lager and curry, and a nice warm cuppa.

After three and a half days on the rails we pulled-in to Vancouver Pacific Central.  Me and the blokes exchanged e-mail addresses and wished each other luck in our new lives in British Columbia.  I was on my way to The Kootenays, they were headed for winter jobs on Whistler Mountain.

During my weekend retreat to Whistler, while Stephen and Craig were at work, I wandered the village in search of a new notebook.  For weeks I had been looking for one with fairly specific features; not too big, blank pages instead of lined to accommodate both writings and sketches, and an artistically inspiring cover rather than a plain one.  In Whistler I finally succeeded where in Nelson and Vancouver I had failed.  I found a beautiful book containing 160 white, blank pages, and a lovely print of a painting of a moose crossing through a lake in the woods on the cover.  Bonus; the notebook pages were made tree-free!

Since purchasing the book, I had only stained a couple of pages with little doodles.  But today, oh today I wrote thoughts and poetry, and entered several sketches to the anthology.  My evolution continues.

Art is awesome.


(What made your day awesome?  Tell me in the comments section below.  I'd love to hear about it!)

1 comment:

  1. I want to see your sketches!!

    Today I was at work and the walkways are covered in ice sheets. I was scared of falling. As I was sitiing at my desk a man walked by, slipped and hit the stone walkway really hard. I pretty much ran outside to see if he needed help and all he wanted was an ambulance. Easy enough. So, I called the 911 and the paramedics came to take him away with a broken rib. I felt so bad for him. The situation didn't make my day awesome, it was the feeling afterwards. I love helping people. And knowing that I can assist others in a high stress situation and still remain calm myself is a wonderful feeling.

    Helping others is awesome.

    ReplyDelete